Has anyone else ate at the Inn and Spa?

• Welcome to RMO. You are viewing Rancho Murieta's largest forum as a guest. Sign up for a free account today. Members are allowed to post to the forums and send private messages. Signing up is easy, fast, and free. Registered users also browse RMO with no ads
Jan 5, 2018
Have any of you had a breakfast at the new Inn and Spa? I ate there this morning. What did you think of the food ?

BethB

Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 23, 2007
bbuderus.avonrepresentative.com
I went a week ago with a friend for breakfast...omg the banana pecan pancakes with a brown sugar butter sauce were to die for. I believe we arrived around 10am on a Wednesday. There was one other table occupied and after they left we were the only ones there. The bartender was the only server and he was great. I will for sure go back. I do understand that if there is a function going on at the Equine Center that weekend breakfast might be difficult..

My husband and I ate there the first week they officially opened. Food was great but they do need to work on their timing. They were packed of course and the kitchen was very slow. I believe other restaurants do not book all their tables at the same time, they stagger the reservation times which helps with the kitchen flow. Hopefully someone thinks of that. Otherwise, it won't matter to me, I will still go the food was awesome.

Jan 5, 2018
I'm, sure when the people who stay there go to eat they have no control over the amount of people who arrive. I'm so glad you enjoyed your breakfast. We waited 45 minutes to get eggs and hash browns in a dining area with maybe 4 tables with people at them. 2 of the tables were finished eating already.
My eggs were served in a ramicon and my hash browns were also served in a ramicon and when I asked for a plate to put them on together, I got a cup saucer.
Who eats like that? I will tell you this, these cowboys will get food served this way and as long as it takes, they will walk right out of there.
I was with some people who show there. They were NOT happy at all. The hash browns were like eating potato chips and they were very very oily. I
However, the prices are awesome and the coffee is so so good. I would stop just to get coffee.
The dinner menu is great and the prices are very reasonable. I just can't imagine eating dinner and trying to figure it out like we had to.
Oh NO TOAST!! They serve a THICK wheat toast and sliced baguette. It was so hard that even when I soaked it in my coffee I couldn't get it soft enough to bite into. No butter on it either. I have to wonder if these people eat like this at home or who thinks of these things? Why no selections for toast with breakfast?
So this was my experience but I will go back and try dinner and the place is beautiful inside.

Attachments

BethB

Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 23, 2007
bbuderus.avonrepresentative.com
Dinner...be prepared to wait a long time too for your main meal too about 45 min or so. Not sure why breakfast should take that long when there are only a few people seated...strange. We had to wait too maybe 30 min, not sure but we were busy chatting and the pancakes were so worth the wait :)

Jan 5, 2018
Maybe because they are so new and are getting adjusted. I will go back and try dinner.

dreamliner

Resident
1K+ Likes
Jun 26, 2008
I'm, sure when the people who stay there go to eat they have no control over the amount of people who arrive. I'm so glad you enjoyed your breakfast. We waited 45 minutes to get eggs and hash browns in a dining area with maybe 4 tables with people at them. 2 of the tables were finished eating already.
My eggs were served in a ramicon and my hash browns were also served in a ramicon and when I asked for a plate to put them on together, I got a cup saucer.
Who eats like that? I will tell you this, these cowboys will get food served this way and as long as it takes, they will walk right out of there.
I was with some people who show there. They were NOT happy at all. The hash browns were like eating potato chips and they were very very oily. I
However, the prices are awesome and the coffee is so so good. I would stop just to get coffee.
The dinner menu is great and the prices are very reasonable. I just can't imagine eating dinner and trying to figure it out like we had to.
Oh NO TOAST!! They serve a THICK wheat toast and sliced baguette. It was so hard that even when I soaked it in my coffee I couldn't get it soft enough to bite into. No butter on it either. I have to wonder if these people eat like this at home or who thinks of these things? Why no selections for toast with breakfast?
So this was my experience but I will go back and try dinner and the place is beautiful inside.
Constructive comments are exactly what startups want and need. Thanks for these. Betcha' management reacts and corrects in short order.

Jan 5, 2018
Absolutely when I opened my restaurant I had a 3 day soft opening just for this reason. Start-ups need to know and need to understand it is CONSTRUCTIVE. They are so new and perhaps have not been in the food business before.
Like I said I will go back for dinner and my husband said as we drove by today let's give it 6 weeks or so and go back and try breakfast again. :)
That I will do as well.

cgalli

Apr 6, 2018
I ate there a few week ago, it was very good? had the steak. The bread pudding was a little dry but good. I'll eat there again. Was busy when I went had to eat at the bar, next time I will make a reservation to get a table.

Jan 5, 2018
I ate there a few week ago, it was very good? had the steak. The bread pudding was a little dry but good. I'll eat there again. Was busy when I went had to eat at the bar, next time I will make a reservation to get a table.
Oh good idea !!

Martha

We Believe.
Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 30, 2007
Been there for dinner four times. Never have had a reservation. Never have had to wait for a table. Working my way down the menu! So far, everything as been great! First three times the service was slow, but I had great company, and I didn't starve to death so it wasn't THAT long!

Mama Mia

Staff member
Resident
1K+ Likes
Apr 25, 2007
Haven't tried it yet......