Map - New shopping center - dangerous enter/exit

• Welcome to RMO. You are viewing Rancho Murieta's largest forum as a guest. Sign up for a free account today. Members are allowed to post to the forums and send private messages. Signing up is easy, fast, and free. Registered users also browse RMO with no ads

BethB

Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 23, 2007
bbuderus.avonrepresentative.com

Attachments

Martha

We Believe.
Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 30, 2007
I know that Ken Noack and Newmark and Carey are no longer representing the shopping center. Perhaps there have been other changes in the development plan over there in the past six years.

dreamliner

Resident
1K+ Likes
Jun 26, 2008
How could they allow left turns into and left turns out of the shopping center at this location. This is just an accident waiting to happen.

whole map is here...although it says 2012:
http://newmarkccareyretail.com/Gallery/pdfs/MurietaGardens.pdf
"]How could they allow left turns into and left turns out of the shopping center at this location.".?
That one's easy, Beth. Because the developers of that project paid 'em "to allow it". When we were in a meeting quite a while back with County Sup, Dir. of County Planning Dept. and Dir. of Environmental Review regarding RM projects, at the end of the meeting we challenged some of the projects' draft EIR County positions. The Dir. of the Planning Dept. arrogantly responded for all to hear "the Sups don't give a damn about EIRs".
Apparently the County's crookedness from that time continues.

BethB

Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 23, 2007
If this does happen, I wonder how many accidents and/or deaths will have to occur before they block at least the left out of the shopping center.

Aug 8, 2018
I think the logic has to do with the stop light that slows traffic down. Or when it is red makes the left into the shopping center safe to turn. I dont drive thru out the day but I haven't seen it that bad that I'm concerned with the lefts in and out. However this is the area that my husband was rearended on his motorcycle when he was stopped at the light. Some people coming from the south dont pay attention even though they know there is a light. They look to be adding dedicated turn lanes so I dont think that it will be too bad on traffic. So my guess is they are adding a specific lane or suicide lane to accommodate traffic making the left hand turns.

BethB

Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 23, 2007
I hope you're right but it doesn't stop people from doing stupid stuff. Years ago I was heading down Jackson toward Sacramento, going a lot faster than I should have and a guy made a left turn in front of me into Davis Ranch. I had to slam on my breaks and fish-tailed. That was my lesson and I no do not drive more than 5 mph over the limit.

dreamliner

Resident
1K+ Likes
Jun 26, 2008
I hope you're right but it doesn't stop people from doing stupid stuff. Years ago I was heading down Jackson toward Sacramento, going a lot faster than I should have and a guy made a left turn in front of me into Davis Ranch. I had to slam on my breaks and fish-tailed. That was my lesson and I no do not drive more than 5 mph over the limit.
So right Beth, both you and Gffamer. Both County and State Caltrans don't give a damn about safety, nor the victims of their greedy illogic. Rather than recognizing Jackson Hwy 16 as a major artery feeder into and out of urban Sac, especially into the future, and plan for smooth unimpeded traffic flow, they defer to developer money along that key artery, allowing further congestion, accidents and commuter frustration. As we know, Caltrans wants to bail entirely on State Hwy 16 improvement and turn it over to crooked County interests. So its predictable under present County "non" planning, that fatalities will occur at these turnouts, then a call for more stoplights at those "dangerous intersections", thus even slower impediments to smooth travel/commute, resulting in even more accidents. Its a vicious dangerous cycle, when the proper govt solution should have been "no more dangerous, traffic impeding turnouts at Murieta". When can we get the attention of our Sups to properly address this? Perhaps our "new" Supervisor Frost, who has demonstrated concern for our interests, will take this on, and stand up for the community against greedy developer interests.