Noisy Neighbor

• Welcome to RMO. You are viewing Rancho Murieta's largest forum as a guest. Sign up for a free account today. Members are allowed to post to the forums and send private messages. Signing up is easy, fast, and free. Registered users also browse RMO with no ads
Jan 27, 2014
Now that the warm weather is here, it would be nice to have some weekend quiet time in my backyard. I understand a lot of people enjoy their gardening on
weekends, and that's fine. But to be running a gas lawn mower, blower and/or compressor most of the day until 8pm is taking advantage
of our rules. I don't mind it so much during the winter when we're inside. But if you have to do this on weekends during the nice weather, would be nice
to limit it to two hours.

BethB

Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 23, 2007
bbuderus.avonrepresentative.com
So understand...we have a neighbor on a cul-de-sac near us that mow's his law (or used to..they may have moved) on the weekend. And while I get this, he may not have a lawn service which is GREAT and I applaud that, but doing so on a a weekend evening when you are trying to eat dinner on the patio is a real turn off.

Matthew

Administrator
Staff member
Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 8, 2007
Rancho Murieta South
"Most of the day", that sounds odd for gas lawn mower, blower and/or compressor. What were they doing?

Jan 27, 2014
Compulsive lawn mower and leaf blower. Not sure what he was using the compressor for. And yes, "all day" was an exageration. It's more like 3-4 hours. Just seems like all day when it's Saturday evening and Sunday morning. I respect his love of gardening and appreciate how nice his yard looks, But what happened to a good old fashioned rake?

Jun 22, 2015
Our close neighbors have their yard service come on Saturday, every Saturday, for 3-4 hours. Leaf blowers, cutters, lawn mower. The problem: absolutely no schedule! Could be 1-4, maybe 11-2, sometimes 3-6ish. So the whole Saturday is shot for visitors outside, pool time etc. They are so close to us, allergies abound, who wants to be outside with all the blowing? Years worth of this drives us nuts. Oh well.

BethB

Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 23, 2007
bbuderus.avonrepresentative.com
Our close neighbors have their yard service come on Saturday, every Saturday, for 3-4 hours. Leaf blowers, cutters, lawn mower. The problem: absolutely no schedule! Could be 1-4, maybe 11-2, sometimes 3-6ish. So the whole Saturday is shot for visitors outside, pool time etc. They are so close to us, allergies abound, who wants to be outside with all the blowing? Years worth of this drives us nuts. Oh well.
That really sucks...I'm so sorry and I can totally understand we'd be unhappy campers too. Maybe they have no clue this is an issue? Maybe their yard service could switch days and do it during the week.