Closing Escuela Drive to residents during events

• Welcome to RMO. You are viewing Rancho Murieta's largest forum as a guest. Sign up for a free account today. Members are allowed to post to the forums and send private messages. Signing up is easy, fast, and free. Registered users also browse RMO with no ads

Matthew

Administrator
Staff member
Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 8, 2007
Rancho Murieta South
In looking to open the gates on Escuela Drive, one of the RMA's proposed plans is to close off the road from internal traffic during events. This would prevent residents from driving directly to Stonehouse Park during these events. CSD Director, Jerry Pasek, said CSD could open and close the gates. Pasek also said residents could drive out of the front gates and come back down Stonehouse and enter the gates on Escuela Drive.

RMA revisits Escuela gate, motorcycle parking

So the RMA wants us to exit the community so we can drive to a park that is inside the community. Really?

Rancho-Murieta-Stonehouse-Gate.png

Mama Mia

Staff member
Resident
1K+ Likes
Apr 25, 2007
In looking to open the gates on Escuela Drive, one of the RMA's proposed plans is to close off the road from internal traffic during events. This would prevent residents from driving directly to Stonehouse Park during these events. CSD Director, Jerry Pasek, said CSD could open and close the gates. Pasek also said residents could drive out of the front gates and come back down Stonehouse and enter the gates on Escuela Drive.

RMA revisits Escuela gate, motorcycle parking

So the RMA wants us to exit the community so we can drive to a park that is inside the community. Really?

View attachment 1589
WOW...I have heard of some dumb things, but I think this is pure crazy...where do we get these people that are making decisions for our community ?????

Luke

Resident
1K+ Likes
Oct 10, 2007
Rancho Murieta
I don't think its really an RMA idea so much as its Jerry Pasek's idea to get soccer/baseball/lacrosse vehicles off his street. It was never seriously considered during my time the Board, and I was opposed to the idea as was the Board as a whole. It's a new Board, but I don't see closing off Escuela to residents as having any traction within RMA or the new Board. Many times things attributed to RMA are just proposals made by residents which get discussed at a BOD meeting, but really go nowhere, and the BOD gets blamed for it when they are just responding to what some in the community have suggested. Better to have a resident idea discussed and shot down than not have the discussion at all.

P.S. While I enjoyed serving for the last six years, I'm not missing having to deal with these perpetual issues - especially motorcycles on the North which are baked into our CC&Rs but remain a constant topic.

Matthew

Administrator
Staff member
Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 8, 2007
Rancho Murieta South
According to rm.com the idea of closing Escuela Drive internally came from RMA's General Manager Greg Vorster in 2015.

Under the gate plan shared by Vorster, the existing black gate just off Stonehouse Road, which moves too slowly to handle traffic, would be propped open for special events and two other gates would come into play – one at the Stonehouse Road entrance that could be opened for limited hours and one on Escuela Drive that would be closed to block access to the community’s streets.
I hope the BOD does not seriously consider the idea viable because it's really a silly idea.

Luke

Resident
1K+ Likes
Oct 10, 2007
Rancho Murieta
Pasek is driving the recent iteration. In 2015, we were discussing opening up the gate for 4th of July exiting and maybe Summerfest, not Little League, soccer, etc. I'd say the 2015 "plan" was more a brainstorming session that went nowhere in the end as we settled on funding for a future passive gate.