CSD - more duties taken away

• Welcome to RMO. You are viewing Rancho Murieta's largest forum as a guest. Sign up for a free account today. Members are allowed to post to the forums and send private messages. Signing up is easy, fast, and free. Registered users also browse RMO with no ads

BethB

Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 23, 2007
bbuderus.avonrepresentative.com
Well, I we are SOL with CSD/Security as to our loose pets, wild creatures, injured or trapped animals, or humanely putting down a suffering animal.

They are "not willing" to pursue the needed qualifications and more importantly the complete upgrade of equipment, vehicle and animal housing to become and "official" Animal Control by the standards imposed by the County of Sacramento. I believe if it had just been proper training, they might have gone for it.

Unfortunately we are getting the short end of the stick these days from CSD. Their stance is Rancho Murieta residents are paying county taxes, so we should call the County to handle what "we" are already paying for. So that means waiting at least 45 minutes or hours before a Sheriff will arrive for any law enforcement issue and now waiting probably even longer for Animal Control to handle a situation.

How long are we willing to see a fawn stuck in a wrought iron fence? We're instructed to call Fish & Game and other services that handle that. I will be getting that list hopefully tomorrow.

So, what can Securities do? Why are they here? Do they have any duties any more? Seems like more and more are taken away every year.

This just royally sucks....

CSD panel: 'Not in animal control business'

BethB

Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 23, 2007
bbuderus.avonrepresentative.com
I actually wonder if RMA could take over this dog catching/holding job. They are not a government agency, but yes they would have to meet OSHA requirements of being trained and having the property dog catching equipment but I don't believe they would have to meet the "County standards" as a government animal control unit. ??

cgalli

Apr 6, 2018
I have thought the same thing for a while now. There fees are increased every year and "less" is done. The governing board has taken it upon themselves to decide what security can and cannot do. Why pay for security when they can't do any type of enforcement? RMA has tied there hands. As far as I believe this community has gone done hill in the last 4 years and nothing is done any more! Compliance is not up holding CCr's and allowing the residents to do want ever they want, the streets are littered with trash, the children are already breaking faucets at the new park, dogs are not leashed, cars are speeding! and I could go on and on. We PAY to live here, does anyone else care what's happening to Rancho Murieta? It use to be a beautiful, peaceful and special place, now its just like any other community.

Last edited:

Martha

We Believe.
Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 30, 2007
I think there needs to be an independent audit, I don't know by whom, some governmental agency watch-dog, or something, but there is something that stinks going on across the street. That nearly $50k survey? Allegedly it says we are "underfunded"?? What??? I think we have some over-paid and under-utilized staff. Need a house-cleaning, methinks. Two of the 'problems' are gone (fired and re-retired).

And, I think there has be a lot of 'the tail wagging the dog' in the Security Department since Remson left. Hoping Chief Werblun will see where the problems are and clean them out, too! As their president says, "it's a Sue Frost problem" he may be correct. But clapping your hands together and turning them over, a la a blackjack dealer leaving the table, and not working on an interim solution, yet continuing to pay staff high dollars at our expense isn't a 'solution,' IMHO.

I need CSD to provide water and sewer. I don't need them to buy land for walking and bike trails, and 'vista views'. I'll leave y'all to connect those dots.

cgalli

Apr 6, 2018
HOA is suppose to work for the homeowners not themselves . They run for office because they have there own agenda, we need to go back to the days that WE the homeowners have the say. I have lived here 14 years and every year the fees have gone up. Underfunded? is bull! stop paying for bike parks that only 6 children played on and then it closed. Yes it may have been donated but who paid for the fence that is up there now, we did. Community gardens in the South that only 2 people gardened it's closed . Now they are going to put in a Dog Park $$$ where more dogs can get attacked , trying to buy the Golf Course LOL they couldn't handle Cable TV business what makes them think they can handle two golf courses? $$$. HOA is here to uphold our CCR's and REG's and maintain common area's and make sure we are secure. Not spend our money on what they think we need. It has to STOP

Martha

We Believe.
Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 30, 2007
The HOA, Rancho Murieta Association, isn't the problem, cgalli. The Community Services District is the subject. CSD.

It's a lot of letters in the three major organizations out here, but it's VERY important to understand who does what! Separate and distinct organizations.

I've been here nearly 20yrs. RMA dues (HOA) has gone up VERY little. CSD, on the other hand, increases fees every year, seemingly without fail. I heard from someone that those increases can be challenged, but I haven't followed up further to see how that happens (perhaps someone with more free time than I can research and lead the charge). Bike park (pump track) was all donated time and materials, from what I understand. There are people in the community that want a dog park. I think they're silly, and if I still had a dog my dog would NEVER be in one, but there was enough interest in it from others in the community, so we'll see if it works! I don't even know where the community garden on the South is. I would never use that, either. But at one point there was interest in it. If it's not being used as such, then it will just fade away. That doesn't really cost the HOA much to provide space for a community garden. Perhaps nothing. Maybe the garden people pay a nominal fee to cover water usage.

The RMA is NOT trying to buy the golf course. I haven't been following closely, but I believe that, too, is something CSD started talking about.

The cable worked fine before technology came along. Things in that industry changed faster than RMA could manage.

Are you on any committees? Getting involved is a great way to have a say and an understanding of what is going on! Message boards provide an outlet to vent, but often the facts aren't all there, just opinions. Have you called any of the big three organizations and talked to staff? Likely you would get more accurate info there (including more accurate than my opinions here!). I used to pay a lot more attention. Now, I just want to come home and be left alone!

cgalli

Apr 6, 2018
The HOA, Rancho Murieta Association, isn't the problem, cgalli. The Community Services District is the subject. CSD.

It's a lot of letters in the three major organizations out here, but it's VERY important to understand who does what! Separate and distinct organizations.

I've been here nearly 20yrs. RMA dues (HOA) has gone up VERY little. CSD, on the other hand, increases fees every year, seemingly without fail. I heard from someone that those increases can be challenged, but I haven't followed up further to see how that happens (perhaps someone with more free time than I can research and lead the charge). Bike park (pump track) was all donated time and materials, from what I understand. There are people in the community that want a dog park. I think they're silly, and if I still had a dog my dog would NEVER be in one, but there was enough interest in it from others in the community, so we'll see if it works! I don't even know where the community garden on the South is. I would never use that, either. But at one point there was interest in it. If it's not being used as such, then it will just fade away. That doesn't really cost the HOA much to provide space for a community garden. Perhaps nothing. Maybe the garden people pay a nominal fee to cover water usage.

The RMA is NOT trying to buy the golf course. I haven't been following closely, but I believe that, too, is something CSD started talking about.

The cable worked fine before technology came along. Things in that industry changed faster than RMA could manage.

Are you on any committees? Getting involved is a great way to have a say and an understanding of what is going on! Message boards provide an outlet to vent, but often the facts aren't all there, just opinions. Have you called any of the big three organizations and talked to staff? Likely you would get more accurate info there (including more accurate than my opinions here!). I used to pay a lot more attention. Now, I just want to come home and be left alone!
ok, then please answer one question who oversees CSD if not HOA?

cgalli

Apr 6, 2018
I believe the CSD Board of Directors oversees the CSD but other than that's it's a local governmental agency

https://www.californiataxdata.com/pdf/csd.pdf

https://calafco.org/resources/special-districts-and-lafco/community-service-district-law
Thanks I found a good article on the history of CSD and it educated me lol. And to all, you are right. I am not a committee person sorry or I would but it's just not me. I just wanted to see if any other neighbors felt the same way about certain problems I see with the community and to maybe have people realize how they are not taking care of the community. Thanks for your thoughts

Martha

We Believe.
Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 30, 2007
To be clear, it is NOT CSD's responsibility to take care of the community! They provide our water, sewer, security (per RMA's instructions on community access and citing certain rules), and they contracted with a trash hauler (to do what Sac County used to do a perfectly fine job of doing). Some on their board are working on the idea that CSD (us) should buy open space from the Developer.

Mama Mia

Staff member
Resident
1K+ Likes
Apr 25, 2007
To be clear, it is NOT CSD's responsibility to take care of the community! They provide our water, sewer, security (per RMA's instructions on community access and citing certain rules), and they contracted with a trash hauler (to do what Sac County used to do a perfectly fine job of doing). Some on their board are working on the idea that CSD (us) should buy open space from the Developer.
CSD has no business buying open land by the golf course....didn't they just get dinged for some water plant violations ?? Take care of the water and stay out of land owning.....Oh, and another thing....for years ED Crouse was the manager and did the job by himself...now they hire a new manager and he has to have an assistant to do the job that Ed did by himself.....another waste of money !!!!!!

Luke

Resident
1K+ Likes
Oct 10, 2007
Rancho Murieta
FWIW. After the survey was "completed", they interviewed the "stakeholders" in the community. I think I was one of the first to meet with them. They didn't even know the streets in RM were private. Makes you wonder what BS the former, terminated security chief was providing them. And, WTF were they asking about a community center? That answer was provided circa 2012 when it was handily defeated, but certain factions just don't want to believe the vote and insist it was just a marketing issue.

Martha

We Believe.
Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 30, 2007
FWIW. After the survey was "completed", they interviewed the "stakeholders" in the community. I think I was one of the first to meet with them. They didn't even know the streets in RM were private. Makes you wonder what BS the former, terminated security chief was providing them. And, WTF were they asking about a community center? That answer was provided circa 2012 when it was handily defeated, but certain factions just don't want to believe the vote and insist it was just a marketing issue.
Not just the former terminated chief. His boss, too. She gone. I think CSD owes it's rate-payers $49k+

Oh, speaking of jokes, the letter from CSD with the rate increase info, also says how to protest the increase. Guess where you send your protest? Back to CSD!! HAH!! Talk about the fox watching the hen house! Pay attention, rate-payers!