Hosting services

• Welcome to RMO. You are viewing Rancho Murieta's largest forum as a guest. Sign up for a free account today. Members are allowed to post to the forums and send private messages. Signing up is easy, fast, and free. Registered users also browse RMO with no ads

pingtheduck

eep oop ork ah-ah
Staff member
Resident
1K+ Likes
Jul 21, 2007
www.youtube.com
Hey Matt and all Tech People,

We're changing up our website and are looking for hosting. Our developer recommended HostGator? I see many positive and a few troubling negative reviews. We currently have Go Daddy (Mac compatibility issues) and another one. What do you think? Matt, I seem to remember you having server space?

Thanks!

Matthew

Administrator
Staff member
Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 8, 2007
Rancho Murieta South
I have never used HostGator, though I know they host a lot of servers. I use KnownHost. Unless you have tons of traffic one on their VPS plans should be plenty.

http://www.knownhost.com/managed-vps-packages.html

While they have excellent service these are no frills type accounts. They manage the server hardware, operating system, and network. You manage everything else.

Matthew

Administrator
Staff member
Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 8, 2007
Rancho Murieta South
DigitalOcean is great, but does require some tech skills. I have never used LiquidWeb. This site is currently on Linode and has worked well, but also requires some tech skills.