Security Department Assessment Survey

• Welcome to RMO. You are viewing Rancho Murieta's largest forum as a guest. Sign up for a free account today. Members are allowed to post to the forums and send private messages. Signing up is easy, fast, and free. Registered users also browse RMO with no ads

Matthew

Administrator
Staff member
Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 8, 2007
Rancho Murieta South
I received the following email from CSD:

A Conversation About Security

The District contracted with Burns & McDonnell's Security Consulting Department to conduct an assessment and recommendation for the District's Security Department and future District wide CCTV video surveillance purchase/installation. Residents provided input at a meeting held on February 23, 2017.

Click here to complete the Conversation About Security Survey. Deadline for submitting responses is close of business (5:00 p.m. ) March 17, 2017.

Electronic submission is preferred, however, paper copies are also available at the District Administration Office, North Gate, South Gate, and the RMA Administration Building. Return hard copies to any of the locations listed by close of business (5:00 pm.) March 17, 2017.

Mama Mia

Staff member
Resident
1K+ Likes
Apr 25, 2007
I received the following email from CSD:

A Conversation About Security

The District contracted with Burns & McDonnell's Security Consulting Department to conduct an assessment and recommendation for the District's Security Department and future District wide CCTV video surveillance purchase/installation. Residents provided input at a meeting held on February 23, 2017.

Click here to complete the Conversation About Security Survey. Deadline for submitting responses is close of business (5:00 p.m. ) March 17, 2017.

Electronic submission is preferred, however, paper copies are also available at the District Administration Office, North Gate, South Gate, and the RMA Administration Building. Return hard copies to any of the locations listed by close of business (5:00 pm.) March 17, 2017.
I see flaws with this system of filling out and submitting this survey.......first of all, it can be anonymous !!!! Second, you can print out the survey or get hard copies from RMA or CSD and submit them in an envelope without your name or address!!!! So..anyone can fill out a survey whether they live here or not and can fill out several surveys and submit them !!!!!
This will not reflect the true concerns of our community.....we printed out several to give to the residents of the Village since they do not have computers and do not get the same information that we get !!!!! So.....many of those residents will not get them and voice their opinions that they are entitled to !!!! Why did we need to pay a company $49K to come up with this survey when we pay our Security Chief $100K to do his job !!!!! That question was asked at their meeting at the club and the presenter had a hard time answering that !!!! We hire folks to do a job and then don't let him do it !!!!!
Our new Chief has tons of experience in his field, beside his law enforcement experience he also has tons of experience in Security !!!!!!
In my opinion, this is another smoke screen for the association to get the answers THEY want but not a true reflection of OUR opinions !!!!! JMHO

Matthew

Administrator
Staff member
Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 8, 2007
Rancho Murieta South
I appreciate that they are asking, but I agree @Mama Mia what are we getting for our $50K? Also yes you can submit multiple surveys. They are locking this to one response through "cookies". The problem is a cookie is browser specific so I can empty my cookies, use multiple browsers, or fill out the survey from every computer I have access to including smart phones.

Outside of a vote there is no perfect way to survey the residents. They could have easily setup of a "Request a survey form" page on the CSD website that validated your address and account numbers. Then they could have emailed you a link. Using a special link they could have validated who you are. I just completed a SurveyMonkey integration at work. It's pretty easy to do. The response rate would be lower, but at least it would prevent most "stuff the ballot box" issues.

Mama Mia

Staff member
Resident
1K+ Likes
Apr 25, 2007
I appreciate that they are asking, but I agree @Mama Mia what are we getting for our $50K? Also yes you can submit multiple surveys. They are locking this to one response through "cookies". The problem is a cookie is browser specific so I can empty my cookies, use multiple browsers, or fill out the survey from every computer I have access to including smart phones.

Outside of a vote there is no perfect way to survey the residents. They could have easily setup of a "Request a survey form" page on the CSD website that validated your address and account numbers. Then they could have emailed you a link. Using a special link they could have validated who you are. I just completed a SurveyMonkey integration at work. It's pretty easy to do. The response rate would be lower, but at least it would prevent most "stuff the ballot box" issues.
Thank you Matt...I'm sure for 50K they could have found a better way to conduct this servey to prevent "stuffing the ballot box issues".......

Martha

We Believe.
Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 30, 2007
I know that, I went to the meeting...all I said was RMA has the hard copy surveys that you can pick up there........as well as CSD and the gates !!!!!!
Your post above said, "In my opinion, this is another smoke screen for the association to get the answers THEY want but not a true reflection of OUR opinions !!!!!"

The Association had nothing to do with this. They simply have hard copies for as a courtesy.

pingtheduck

eep oop ork ah-ah
Staff member
Resident
1K+ Likes
Jul 21, 2007
www.youtube.com
50k? I am so bummed. I will go look to see what the 50k is supposed to encompass. Survey Monkey surveys can be created with informed input and managed by a responsible teenager. I know several who would be happy to do it for a song.

Matthew

Administrator
Staff member
Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 8, 2007
Rancho Murieta South
The deadline for this survey was March 17th, yet the survey is still taking submissions. Are they now just ignoring any submitted surveys and those residents have no idea their opinion is not counted? It's literally 2 steps to set up a cutoff date for a survey on SurveyMonkey. What exactly are we getting for $49,350 again? Why are we paying for a company out of Kansas City, Missouri?

Matthew

Administrator
Staff member
Resident
1K+ Likes
Mar 8, 2007
Rancho Murieta South
The Burns & McDonnell's Security Consulting Department survey results have been posted.

Numbers: How we feel about Security issues

They used Survey Monkey which does not prevent people from submitting the survey multiple times. There were 443 responses. According to the 2010 census, there are 5,488 people in Rancho Murieta. That's a response rate of 8% of the community. We know that number is actually lower since you could submit the survey multiple times, people outside Rancho Murieta could submit the survey, and there are more people living here than in 2010. So now CSD will draw conclusions based on an unscientific survey with less than an 8% response rate.